Dr. Eric Lander has been named U.S. President Joe Biden’s science advisor and nominee for director of the Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP), a position Biden is elevating to Cabinet-level.
The following individuals are also part of Biden’s science team:
- Dr. Alondra Nelson, OSTP deputy director for science and society
- Dr. Frances H. Arnold and Dr. Maria Zuber, co-chairs of the President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology (PCAST)
- Dr. Francis Collins, director of the National Institutes of Health
- Kei Koizumi, OSTP chief of staff
- Narda Jones, OSTP legislative affairs director