The U.S. Office of Naval Research (ONR) and the Department of the Navy’s (DoN) Naval STEM education and outreach program are offering two Navy and Marine Corps science and technology internships. The registration deadline is Nov. 30.
High-school students can sign up for the Science and Engineering Apprenticeship Program (SEAP):
- SEAP is an eight-week high school apprenticeship opportunity with one of nearly 35 naval laboratories or warfare centers.
- Duration: Eight weeks
- Stipend amount: $3,500 new students; $4,000 returning students
- For more information: https://seap.asee.org
Undergraduate and graduate students can enroll in the Naval Research Enterprise Internship Program (NREIP):
- NREIP is a 10-week undergraduate and graduate research internship opportunity with one of nearly 45 naval laboratories or warfare centers.
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Stipend amount: $7,000 new undergraduate; $8,500 returning undergraduate; $11,000 graduate
- For more information: https://nreip.asee.org
Participating students will gain real-world, hands-on research experience and skills, while being introduced to the Navy and Marine Corps science and technology environment.
An additional resource offered by Naval STEM is Naval Horizons: a video series designed to inspire college students by raising their awareness of real-world naval science and technology challenges. Learn more at: https://navalhorizons.asee.org.